Francis Forde Boulevard will be closed between Horse Park Drive and Neil Harris Crescent over the coming weeks as the duplication of Horse Park Drive between Gundaroo Drive and Mulligans Flat Road progresses towards completion.
This closure is required to allow for construction of in-ground services and pavement works for the upgrade and signalisation of this intersection as part of the Horse Park Drive duplication project.
Location and timing of temporary road closure
Francis Forde Boulevard will be closed between Horse Park Drive and Neil Harris Crescent from 7 am Monday 8 January 2018 til 5 pm Thursday 25 January 2018.
- There will be no access to Forde from Horse Park Drive via Francis Forde Boulevard. Detours will be in place for traffic on Horse Park Drive via David Walsh Avenue or Mulligans Flat Road.
- There will be no access to Horse Park Drive from Forde via Francis Forde Boulevard. Detours will be in place for traffic via Amy Ackman Drive and Mulligans Flat Road, or Zakharov Avenue and David Walsh Avenue.
Please see the below map for further information on detours.
Effects on traffic
- Minor delays are expected.
- Barriers as well as warning and diversion signs will be erected to alert people to the closure.
Following these works, traffic arrangements will remain as they currently are. Signalised infrastructure will be in place however it will not be operational. Transport Canberra and City Services thanks the public for their understanding and patience during these interruptions.
Milestones the project has to look forward to include:
- beginning of construction on the Horse Park Drive duplication between Well Station Drive and the Federal Highway – early 2018
- completion of the duplication between Gundaroo Drive and Mulligans Flat Road – end of 2018
- full completion of the duplication of Horse Park Drive with these planned works – mid-2019.
For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au.