Hartley Lifecare is a local and specialised disability service that provides high quality residential, recreational, respite, transport and community services for children and adults with physical and complex disabilities, their families and carers living in our local community.
On behalf of Hartley Lifecare I am calling on the Canberra community to get their HART.R8 pumping and register to participate via Hartley.org.au. Once registered, you simply set up your Everyday Hero fundraising page and ask family and friends to sponsor you. Your support will make a real difference and raise much-needed funds to support people with complex and physical disabilities in the ACT and surrounding regions’ said Skier, cyclist, trekker, triathlete, world and Australian record holder, Paralympian, Olympian and Hartley Lifecare Ambassador Michael Milton.
While many disabilities develop before birth, the reality is that a disability or brain injury can happen unexpectedly to anybody at any stage of their life. Hartley Lifecare exists to support people with a wide range of complex disabilities through our programs and services delivered by our skilled and caring staff.
WHAT IS HART.R8 for HARTLEY?
- Choose either 3 or 6 hours of heart pumping indoor cycling – the event is being run simultaneously at different gyms across Canberra on Saturday 29th July
- Professionally trained gym instructors who donate their time for the event will lead the fun filled sessions with fantastic music pumping the entire time
- Choose either Individual x 3 hour ride ($32) or Individual x 6 hour ride ($58)
- Or choose Team x 3 hour ride ($130) or Team x 6 hour ride ($200). Teams can have up to 4 participants via tag team (access to 1 bike)
- Entry includes a water bottle
HART.R8 for HARTLEY is being held across the following gyms at various times:
- Alive Health & Fitness – Narrabundah (9am – 3pm)
- Body Basics – Queanbeyan (10am – 4pm)
- Fitness First – Deakin (7am – 1pm)
- Fitness First – Canberra City (8.30am – 2.30pm)
- Southern Cross Health Club – Woden (12noon – 6pm)
- TEAM Fitness Centre – Dickson (10am – 4pm)
This year Hartley is thrilled to announce that Capital Chemist have come on board as major sponsors. ‘Capital Chemist is extremely proud to support and sponsor Hartley Lifecare and the HART.R8 for HARTLEY indoor cycle challenge event. We know that funds raised will go to support people with disabilities in our community who rely on Hartley Lifecare’s many services’ said Capital Chemist Community Program Manager, Melita Flynn.
You can find out more about HART.R8 for HARTLEY and register for the event here: https://www.everydayhero.com.au/event/HARTR8FORHARTLEY17