19 June 2020

Man suffers burns in house fire at Nicholls

| My Gungahlin
Start the conversation

A man has sustained superficial burns after trying to extinguish a fire in Nicholls.

ACT Fire & Rescue was alerted to the incident in Platypus Place at 11:24am.

Fire crews arrived at the property to find a fire in the kitchen of the property which they quickly put out.

The tradesman was cleaning the property, which is currently being renovated, when the fire started. He attempted to extinguish it himself and sustained the burns.

ACT Ambulance Service intensive care paramedics stabilised him on scene and are now transporting him to the Canberra Hospital in a stable condition.

The home sustained fire damage in the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the whole building.

ACT Fire & Rescue attended with three fire trucks, breathing aparartus support van and a commander.

The cause was accidental.

Courtesy of ACT Emergency Services Agency.

Start the conversation

Weekly Wrap

Do you want to keep up with what’s happening in Gungahlin? Every week we package up the best stories in a free newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up now and find out what everyone else is talking about.

By submitting your email address you are agreeing to Region Group's terms and conditions and privacy policy.