Road users are advised that temporary closures will be in place on Abena Avenue between Narden Street and Gundaroo Drive from Monday 10 September 2018 as work continues on the second stage of the duplication of Gundaroo Drive.
The second stage of the duplication will provide two lanes in both directions between Gungahlin Drive and the Barton Highway and will improve safety, ease congestion and manage traffic growth in the Gungahlin region. The temporary road closures on Abena Avenue will allow for the installation of new stormwater pipes.
Location and timing of temporary road closure
Work will take place on Abena Avenue from Monday 10 to Wednesday 12 September 2018 between the hours of 7 am and 5 pm. The following closures will be in place:
- One northbound lane will be closed on Abena Avenue between Narden Street and Gundaroo Drive from Monday 10 to Wednesday 12 September 2018. One lane will remain open for access to Gundaroo Drive.
- Abena Avenue will be closed southbound between Gundaroo Drive and Baratta Street following peak hour on Tuesday 11 September. This closure will be in place until 5 pm Wednesday 12 September 2018.
These works may continue on Thursday 13 September 2018 if required. Road users please note that the above road closures will remain in place overnight on Wednesday 12 September 2018 if necessary.
During the closures, road users will be detoured to Nudurr Drive for access into Crace (see attached map).
Effects on traffic
- Minor delays are expected.
- Barriers as well as warning and diversion signs will be erected to alert people to the closure.
- Drivers are asked to be mindful of the changed traffic arrangements and adhere to the work zone speed limits.
The ACT Government apologises for the inconvenience and thanks everyone for their patience whilst this important work takes place.
For more information on the duplication of Gundaroo Drive and other projects in the area, visit www.tccs.act.gov.au or contact Access Canberra on 13 22 81.