There is earthworks currently underway towards the east of Gungahlin near Franklin along The Valley Avenue. This is to prepare those blocks for development including installing services and a road that will run parallel to The Valley Avenue to Gungahlin Place. This is is shown in the map below as marker 4.
These blocks are all zoned as CZ5 which means these blocks must:
- Encourage higher density residential development in locations with convenient access to transport corridors, and commercial and employment centres
- Create an efficient and sustainable urban environment and provide for a diversity of living, working and recreation opportunities
- Maintain and enhance environmental amenity and undertake development using best practice environmentally sustainable development principles
- Encourage a standard of urban design that is consistent with selected major avenues, approach routes and other strategically located areas
- Encourage activities particularly at street frontage level that contribute to an active public realm
A recent development application for the block on the corner of The Valley Avenue and Manning Clark Crescent is to construct 8 two storey dwellings with attached double garages and construction of 2 four storey buildings containing 32 dwellings with basement parking.