From Monday 1 April 2019 there will be changes to the Park and Ride at the Gungahlin Town Centre.
This change is to better align Park and Ride with Transport Canberra services, where Park and Ride will relocate to the other end of the carpark and closer to Gungahlin Place station. 114 car parks will moved as part of this change.
The Park and Ride zone will be the 6 rows closest to Gungahlin Place.
All other arrangements with the parking and permit will remain the same. Signage will be moved to the eastern end of the carpark to outline where the new carparks are located.
Having a Park & Ride permit does not guarantee a parking space as they are filled on a first come, first served basis. If the allocated Park & Ride area is full:
- find another Park & Ride location
- pay for parking
- park as per the parking restriction signposted within the area.
Park & Ride conditions
To be eligible to use Park & Ride, you must hold a MyWay card that has:
- $90 or more travel credit (on a standard/adult MyWay card), or
- $40 or more travel credit (on a concession MyWay card – note, no balance is required for seniors over the age of 70), or
- an active autoload direct debit payment.
You’ll also need to apply for a Park & Ride permit online. Please allow 10 working days for your permit to be processed.
If eligible, a Park & Ride permit will be issued for three calendar months, beginning the month after your application is received. Permits are valid for use at any Park & Ride location.
Park & Ride permits are only valid if:
- displayed in the vehicle to which it was issued (permits cannot be transferred to other users)
- users continue their journey on bus
- clearly displayed and visible from outside the vehicle
- used at a Park & Ride designated location (listed above)
- used within the issued three calendar month period (i.e. not after the stamped expiry date)
Failure to park in accordance with permit conditions or parking regulations may result in an infringement notice or the permit may be revoked.