Haulage of traffic signals cables is required within the Mapleton Avenue and Flemington Road intersection. The work is proposed from 8pm Sunday 4 March until 6am Friday 9 March.
- the intersection will be closed to traffic turning right into Flemington Road from Mapleton Avenue, and all through traffic along Mapleton Avenue;
- left turn at Mapleton Avenue into Flemington Road will be maintained;
- traffic travelling northbound and southbound on Flemington Road will be maintained;
- pedestrian and cyclist access maintained;
- detours will be sign-posted, with traffic management in place and highly visible throughout the works.
The equipment and plant to be used includes light vehicles, light towers and a hauling winch. Due to the nature of the work, some of the activities will be noisy.
The construction team will limit these impacts wherever possible by reducing the number of machines operating at the same time and turning off equipment when not in use. Noise blankets will be installed where practical. Non-tonal reversing beepers will be used, and workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.