The Barton Highway and Federal Highway-Northbourne Ave intersection will be closed on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 August from 5:00am to 7:00pm both days. This is to allow foroverhead wiring to be installed from the Barton Highway intersection to the Mouat-Antill Streets intersection.
Traffic Management and Detours:
- Through traffic north and south along Northbourne Avenue and Federal Highway will be permitted;
- Left turns into Federal Highway will be permitted; and
- Pedestrian management will be in place to ensure the safe crossing of Northbourne Avenue.
- No right-turn into Barton Highway from Federal Highway;
- No right–turn from Barton Highway into Northbourne Avenue travelling southbound;
- Traffic travelling [HI1] and southbound along Northbourne Avenue-Federal Highway will be reduced to a single lane at the Barton Highway intersection.
All detours will be sign-posted, with traffic management in place and highly visible throughout the works.
The equipment that will be used includes: elevated work platforms, trucks and light vehicles.
The project team will ensure the number of machines operating at the same time is limited and equipment turned off when not in use. Non-tonal reversing beepers will be used* and workers will be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.