Road resurfacing and maintenance in Mitchell and Aranda
26 Jun, 2019
To help maintain and improve the ACT road network, scheduled resurfacing and associated works will be conducted outside of peak traffic hours from Wednesday 26 June till Friday 28 June 2019 in Mitchell and on Friday 28 June 2019 southbound on the Gungahlin Drive/Caswell Drive off-ramp to Belconnen Way, Aranda with line marking on Tuesday 02 July 2019.
The works at the intersection of Well Station Drive and Gungahlin Drive will commence from 9.30 am till
4 pm daily, with potential closures in both directions on Well Station Drive to Hoskins Street.
The works at Aranda are expected to commence from 9.30 am to 4 pm on Friday 28 June 2019, with minor delays and lane closures only.
Timing and location of closures
- Weather permitting, the Mitchell works will be conducted tomorrow, Wednesday 26 June, Thursday 27 June and Friday 28 June 2019 outside of peak traffic hours.
- The works at the intersection of Well Station Drive and Gungahlin Drive will commence from 9.30 am till 4 pm daily.
- The works at Aranda on Gungahlin Drive/Caswell Drive will commence from 9.30 am to 4 pm on Friday 28 June 2019. Line marking will be expected on Tuesday 2 July 2019 from 9.30 am to 4 pm.
Effects on traffic
- Delay sare expected.
- Reduced speed limits and temporary lane closures will be in place during the works.
- Motorists are advised to seek an alternate route where possible.
Signage will be in place to alert people to the road works and detours in place.
For up-to-date information on road closures visit www.tccs.act.gov.au or call Access Canberra on 13 22 81.