Road closure along Federal Highway for Light Rail works
02 Aug, 2018
This weekend diversions will be in place to help drivers navigate the upcoming road closure as Light Rail Stage 1 works continue to progress along the Federal Highway.
- From 10.00pm Friday 3 August until 4.00am Monday 6 August, the Federal Highway will be closed to all northbound traffic between Phillip Avenue and Flemington Road.
- Northbound traffic will be diverted onto Antill Street and the Barton Highway.
- Motorists coming into Canberra from Sydney will not be affected.
- Transport Canberra bus detours will apply. Bus stop 4750 on the Federal Highway will be closed.
Detours, traffic control and pedestrian management will be in place, and signage and personnel will be highly visible throughout the works. Motorists are encouraged to follow the detours and allow additional travel time over the affected weekends.
Transport Canberra buses will be diverted onto the Barton Highway, before travelling right on Randwick Road and continuing their normal route. Bus stop 4750 on the Federal Highway will be closed during this time.
- Transport Canberra and City Services (TCCS) and Canberra Metro are working hard to complete construction and to ensure these closures cause as little disruption as possible. We thank the public for their continued understanding and patience during these interruptions.
- A map of detours is attached. Further information about the closure is available on the Canberra Metro website.
For up-to-date information on road closures please call Canberra Metro on 1300 208 824, visit www.canberra-metro.com.au or follow Canberra Metro on social media.