Subway Gungahlin is located in The Marketplace Gungahlin on Hibberson Street. With seating inside and covered outside seating you can enjoy your Subway
at the restaurant or take it away.
Subway Gungahlin also offers catering for your next function.
SUBWAY® Sandwich Platters are made on a variety of freshly baked breads with a selection of delicious cold meats, freshly prepared salads and tasty sauces.
Options include Ham, Turkey, Italian B.M.T.®, Chicken Strips, Subway Club®, Turkey & Ham and Roast Beef.
When ordering online simply choose either Platter A or Platter B depending on how many people you are catering for (and if you want to satisfy those with
a sweet tooth, choose the Cookie Platter^ too!). Giants Subs and Wrap Platters are also available upon request.
It's that EASY!
Subway to Go! Boxed meals
Subway to Go!™ Boxed Meals are a great catering option for office workers, school lunches, sports teams or any special event. They are able to be
customised with their own unique Subway 6-Inch® sub with a minimum of 8 boxes required. The boxes also come with two cookies and a 390ml bottled drink
across a variety of flavours.
- Fred DeLuca founded the SUBWAY® chain in Connecticut, USA, in 1965. The company has since grown into a multi-billion dollar business, with more than
44,000 outlets in over 100 countries.
- In August 2015, there were 1465 open SUBWAY® restaurants in Australia. With the popularity of the brand at an all time high, there are ambitious plans
to continually open more SUBWAY® restaurants in Australia in the future.
- The low fat menu containing a range of subs with 6 Grams of Fat or less, is popular with customers all around the world.
- Back in 1965, 17-year-old high school graduate Fred DeLuca was searching for a way to help pay for his university education, when a family friend in
Bridgeport, Connecticut suggested he open a submarine sandwich shop. With a loan of $1,000, the friend—Dr. Peter Buck—offered to become
Fred’s partner, and a business relationship was forged that would change the landscape of the fast food industry.
- The first store was opened in Bridgeport, Connecticut in August, 1965. The first year was a challenge and a learning experience for the young entrepreneurs.
They opened their second location a year later and soon realised that marketing and visibility were the key factors to the success of their business.
The third outlet was in a highly visible location and it’s still serving sandwiches today. The name was shortened from ‘Pete’s Super Submarines’
to SUBWAY® and the familiar bright yellow logo was introduced.
- Then, they set a goal of having 32 stores opened in 10 years. Fred soon learned the basics of running a business, as well as the importance of serving
a well-made, high quality product, providing excellent customer service, keeping operating costs low and finding great locations.
- By 1974, the duo owned and operated 16 submarine sandwich shops throughout Connecticut, and in an effort to reach these goals, they began franchising,
launching the SUBWAY® brand into a period of remarkable growth which continues to this day.
- Today, the SUBWAY® brand is the world’s largest submarine sandwich chain with over 44,000 stores in over 100 countries around the world.
- The first SUBWAY® restaurant in Australia opened in the city of Perth in June 1988.
- Australia has over 1400 SUBWAY stores all owned and operated by franchisees.