Northside Community Service is a community-based, not for profit organisation established in 1976 through the efforts of concerned people wanting to provide
and develop support and services for residents of North Canberra.
An overview of our services:
- Domestic Assistance: we provide assistance with everyday household tasks such as dishwashing, house-cleaning, washing clothes, shopping and paying
- Personal Care: we can help with personal hygiene , washing, showering, bathing, dressing and meal preparation.
- Social Groups: we offer group activities, excursions and social support for older people who require low – to medium living support.
- Social Inclusion Support: involves a tailored one-on-one support experience with support from a volunteer or team member to connect with social
or recreational events inside and outside the home.
- Pet Assistance and Wellbeing Services ( PAWS): a social support activity unique to Northside which supports older pet owners to continue to care
for their pets. Includes transport for pets to and from vet clinics for their health appointments, pet – walking, feeding and grooming
- Shopping Bus: this services provides transport to North Canberra shopping centres several times a week.
Housing and Homelessness Services:
- Women's Supported Accommodation Program (NWSAP): provides housing and outreach support for women with or without children, who are homeless as
a result of leaving domestic violence.
- Common Ground: low cost Housing First initiative aimed at providing accommodation and on-site personal support for people who have experienced
Mental Health and Wellbeing Services:
- Community Assistance Support Program (CASP): supports individuals under 65 years of age; experiencing temporary or episodic health issues, including
mental health; that fall outside the NDIS ; and who are unpaid carers or family members of the above.
- Partners in Recovery (PIR): collaborative program designed to improve the lives of people in Canberra living with severe and persistent mental
illness with complex needs.
- Early Childhood Centres located in Civic, Dickson, Turner and Harrison.
- We aim to work in partnership to strengthen the local community by facilitating community consultation, carrying out outreach activities and other
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Training and Job Readiness Program that provides opportunities to study, increase skills or embark a new
Y. Engage Youth Engagement Program:
- Engagement and outreach service for the inner north and Gungahlin regions of the ACT. Connects with young people 12 – 25 out in their community
and endeavours to bring support to them.
Majura Men’s Shed:
- Based in Dickson, the Majura Men’s Shed organise a number of activities such as designing and making wooden toys; making, designing and repairing
of furniture; working in the vegetable garden, social outings and BBQ’s , etc.