Independently owned and operated, Canberra's newest after hours Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Service is located in Gungahlin and services the
ACT and all surrounding areas.
We are open: Every weeknight 6pm - 8am, 24 hours on weekends and 24 hours all Public Holidays
We stay up all night so your pet can receive the very best veterinary care when they need it.
CVES is fortunate enough to lease the premises of the Gungahlin Veterinary Hospital after hours, on weekends and on public holidays. GVH is
an Accredited Hospital of Excellence and has been purpose built. The clinic has state of the art equipment that is continually being upgraded to ensure
all possible in house diagnostics can be performed.
- Reception: Upon visiting the hospital you will be welcomed into our reception area where a nurse will quickly triage your
pet and discuss their condition with the consulting veterinarian.
- Consult and Treatment Rooms: Our hospital has several well equipped consultation suites that allow for full assessment
of your pet’s condition. If your pet is triaged and is in need of critical intervention, he or she will be taken to the back treatment area
where our veterinarians and nurses have everything needed to support and help your pet.
- Imaging Suite Including:
- Radioology Offering the most up to date in digital radiography so exceptional images can be produced quickly and without
- Ultrasound: Working with the Esoate mylab 70, this machine has full doppler and is capable of imaging all areas of your
pet from the muscles in their leg to the organs in their abdomen and thorax.
- Endoscopy: Flacid and rigid scoping ability for less invasive retrieval of gastric or esophageal foreign bodies and
for diagnostics of the airway and the GIT.
- Surgical Suite: Equipped with all the necessary anesthetic equipment, monitors and equipment necessary to safely monitor
and perform any emergency surgery.
- Laboratory: Equipped with a full range of diagnostic equipment so even the most complex medical case can be adequately
- Oxygenation and Ventilation: Readily available in all treatment areas for any animal in need.
- Pharmacy: With wide range of medications readily available to us in our well stocked pharmacy, we can ensure you that
your pet will be treated promptly and that you have medication to take home to complete the treatment course. Our medications include but are
not limited to, snake antivenin, tick antiserum, antibiotics and analgesics. We also store blood products making blood transfusions possible
for your pet.