Are you looking to make new friends? Do you
want your children to socialise with other children? The ACT Playgroups Association can give you information about existing playgroups in the ACT and neighbouring
parts of NSW, or can you help you start a playgroup of your own!
Playgroup is an informal session where parents, carers, babies and children aged 0 to school age come together in a relaxed and friendly environment.
PLAYGROUP GIVES CHILDREN AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- have fun,
- make new friends, and
- develop new skills through informal play.
PLAYGROUP PROVIDES PARENTS AND CARERS WITH:
- an opportunity to meet other parents and carers,
- make friends, and
- share ideas and experiences.
PLAYGROUP ALSO ALLOWS PARENTS AND CARERS TO:
- spend quality time with their children,
- encouraging, helping or simply playing with their children.
- are run by, and for the parents who attend.
- usually held once a week for a two hour session,
- held in a variety of venues such as church halls, community and neighbourhood centres, council halls, Scout or Guide halls, and in people's homes.
For a list of Playgroups in Gungahlin please see the following link here at Find a Playgroup