Rise Above Cancer Convoy 2019
The Rise Above Cancer Convoy is an event to raise money and awareness for Rise Above ACT.
The Rise Above Convoy for Cancer Families is an annual event to raise money and awareness for Rise Above – Capital Region Cancer Relief. Every April hundreds of Trucks and Motorbikes take the journey from Beard Industrial Estate just outside of Queanbeyan and drive through Canberra to Exhibition Park, where the family fun day and concert wrap up the Convoy. The Convoy was started many years ago my Marty Haynes, after a short break it started again in 2013 when Scotty & Nige got right behind the Convoy and it’s roared into life ever since. In 2017 the Capital Radio Network became our major radio sponsors with 2CC and 2CA getting behind the event.
It is our biggest fundraiser every year and allows to help over 900 patients who are battling Cancer throughout the region.
This year's Convoy Carnival at Exhibition Park is going to go off. The legendary ARIA award winner and chart-topper Diesel Music and rising stars Hurricane Fall will both be performing after the Convoy rolls into EPIC. As always the concert is free and we just ask everyone for a gold coin donation on entry to the festivities.
As the biggest fundraiser for our group every year, we put a lot of time and effort into it. There are always so many people who give their time and effort to put on the Convoy and they include;
- The Canberra and Queanbeyan Trucking Community
- The Motorcycle Community of Canberra and Queanbeyan
- The ACT Government
- Amal and the team at Exhibition Park
- Gerald Slaven Holden and VW for sponsoring the entertainment stage
- Gen-Plus Generator Hire
- Darren from Matrix National Group for the Risk Management planning
- Garry and the crew from Greenroom Sound and lighting
- Screenmakers for the Support a truck artwork
- Area 51 Digital, Scott Masters Media and Throttle Media Canberra
- The SES
- The AFP
- ACT Ambulance
- Leader Security
- The Butcher Shop Kaleen and the Bakers Delight Queanbeyan and Jerrabomberra for feeding our SES volunteers and Cancer Families
- Rovera Scaffolding
- Canberra Hire for the Port-a-Loo’s
- Robert from Neverfail Springwater
And our major media sponsors
- WIN Television
- Exhibition Park In Canberra
- 1206 2CC and 1053 2CA